If you’re exploring options for laser eye surgery, LASIK is an ideal choice due to its safety, effectiveness, and ability to correct a wide range of refractive errors. Also known as, “Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis,” this procedure is a favorite among our patients here at Brimhall Eye Center, as it can correct myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), astigmatism, and presbyopia, giving patients clear vision without the need for eyeglasses or contacts. Performed in an outpatient setting, we use the most advanced technology available to ensure you get life-changing results with minimal downtime. With that said, here are 8 incredible benefits of LASIK surgery that make it an ideal choice for anyone looking to improve their vision.
How Does LASIK Eye Surgery Achieve Clear Vision?
The procedure works by reshaping the cornea – the transparent covering of the eye responsible for focusing light and images. During a LASIK procedure, a special laser is used to precisely alter the shape of the cornea in order to correct any refractive errors and improve vision. After the cornea is reshaped, light will be able to enter the eye and be correctly focused on the retina, resulting in clear vision. After the procedure, patients are generally able to see clearly without glasses or contacts within 24 hours.
1. Most Patients Achieve Permanent Vision Correction: The main benefit of undergoing LASIK surgery is that you receive permanent vision correction, which takes you from poor or impaired vision to great vision. At Brimhall Eye Center, 65% of the eyes treated with our laser achieve 20/16 vision, which is better than 20/20. Combine this with an estimated success rate between 95-97%, and vision correction that lasts upwards of 10 years, and you end up with a very safe, and effective procedure that produces exceptional patient satisfaction.
2. Many Report Better Night Vision: In addition to the dramatic improvement in vision during the day, LASIK surgery is known to improve nighttime vision. This is due to a decreased dependency on glasses or contact lenses while driving at night. LASIK can also reduce glare and halos, which are common in patients with high refractive errors.
3. Minimal Recovery Time: LASIK surgery is minimally invasive, so there is no need for stitches or general anesthesia – giving you added peace of mind. LASIK does not require a lengthy recovery, and most patients can resume their regular activities within 24-48 hours.
4. A Painless & Quick Procedure: The surgery is a quick and painless procedure, with no need for stitches, cutting, or general anesthetic. You’ll be given local anesthetic drops in your eye, so you won’t feel any discomfort during the procedure. LASIK takes approximately 15 minutes per eye, so you can be in and out of your appointment rather quickly.
5. Increased Comfort & Self-Confidence: LASIK surgery is known to significantly improve a patient’s comfort and self-confidence. Without glasses or contacts, you will feel much more comfortable when playing sports, working out in the gym, or simply going about your day-to-day activities. LASIK can also eliminate any self-consciousness you may feel when wearing glasses or contacts, so you can enjoy life to the fullest.
6. Cost Effective: If you treat LASIK surgery as an investment into the quality of your life and vision, then it becomes a much more cost-effective option than contact lenses or prescription eyeglasses over the long term. You’ll no longer need to purchase daily, weekly, or monthly contact lenses, or replace your prescription eyeglasses once twice every 1-2 years as the progression of your vision will no longer worsen. Without the need for eyeglasses or contact lenses, you’ll no longer need to budget for those extra costs associated with these items like new frames, cleaning supplies, or replacements.
7. It Can Correct All Kinds of Refractive Errors: LASIK can correct a wide range of refractive errors such as myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), astigmatism, and presbyopia at varying severities. This means that the majority of patients who walk through the clinic doors are likely good candidates for LASIK surgery; meaning that clear vision is just a consultation away.
8. Enhanced Recreational Freedom: Say hello to new hobbies, old activities, and exceptional experiences. You can enjoy swimming at the cottage lake, skiing in the Alps, or hiking in the national parks without worrying about your contact lenses falling out, or breaking your glasses. LASIK surgery can be a truly liberating experience, that allows you to take on life’s fun moments with more confidence, clarity, and comfort.
Why Choose Us?
At Brimhall Eye Center, our LASIK specialists are some of the most experienced eye surgeons in the Valley, and are masters of eye surgery, producing some of the finest visual outcomes in the world. Having performed well over 40,000 LASIK and other vision correction procedures on a wide range of high-profile clientele with demanding jobs – think jet pilots and military special ops – there’s just no better place to go when looking for LASIK treatment.
If you think LASIK surgery may be the answer you’ve been looking for, contact Brimhall Eye Center today to see if you are a good candidate for LASIK vision correction. We look forward to helping you achieve an exceptional vision.